We know, we know, CBD is in everything now. But CBD drinks (or Mocktails) hold a special place in our hearts with their non-alcoholic base and CBD to heal you from the inside out. A natural plant medicine, CBD and other cannabinoids from hemp can help with alleviating anxiety to insomnia with little to no side effects. Hemp CBD products are great for those who want to explore the medicinal uses of cannabis without the psychoactive effects of THC. All cannabinoids function by attaching to receptors in the body, and there are even some cannabinoid compounds that are naturally produced in the human body (breast milk has naturally occurring cannabinoids).
CBD oils and tinctures are the extracted chemical compounds from the hemp plant, refined down into an oil that your body absorbs sublingually (under the tongue). Adding CBD tinctures to your drink is similar to that of adding bitters to a cocktail–the oil tends to bring out certain flavors.
Your body can only absorb a certain amount of CBD based on each cell’s bioavailability.
CBD-Infused Drink Recipes (Add Your Favorite Alcohol or Keep it a Mocktail!)
The Lemon Twist
Use our #03 full-spectrum hemp lemon tincture that boasts 20mg hemp CBD in each dropper. This tincture has organic lemon extract that acts as an excellent mood and energy booster.
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup club soda
- ½ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 droppers of BFF #03 CBD tincture
- ½ cup ice
Use our #04 CBDV hemp tincture to compliment this refresher.
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 droppers of BFF Hemp-CBD tincture
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- cucumber slices for garnish
Pineapple Mojito Sparkler
- 1 pineapple, cored
- 6 mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Juice of 6 limes (plus slices for garnish)
- 2 cans of BFF lime sparkling water
- Combine the pineapple, lime and mint in a container and blend until smooth.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the pineapple mixture into a glass, add ice and fill with sparkling lime flavored water until it reaches the top.
- Garnish with lime, mint, and pineapple slices.
Frozen Peach Bellini
- 4 cups sparkling water (like topo chico)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- Berries & lime wedges to serve
- Add the sparkling water and peaches to a high-speed blender. Allow sitting for 2-3 minutes to allow the fizz of the water to relax.
- Add crushed ice, lime juice, and honey to the blender.
- Blend on low for 20-30 seconds until smooth.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, fresh fruit, and mint if desired.
P.S. Check out Shape Magazine’s CBD Mocktail Recipe for a Non-Alcoholic Hemp Hot Toddy.